Homemade Vanilla Sugar
About this recipe
Lots of recipes are asking you to use Vanilla Sugar, especially European recipes
You may it online, but the taste is too superficial to me, here I show you a recipe that will taste wonderful
Another advantage of this recipe, is that it will make you save the Vanilla Pods that we usually discard after scraping the seeds off of it
With this recipe, you can recycle your vanilla pods and create a wonderful Vanilla Sugar !
Here's the recipe video:
1. After you scraped the Vanilla Beans ( 2 oz or 60 g) to take the seeds for your vanilla based desserts, place them into a container with the Sugar (2 ⅔ Cups or 600 g)
2. Leave the container at room temperature for a few weeks, enough time for the vanilla pods to dehydrate
3. After a few weeks, place the Vanilla Beans ( 2 oz or 60 g) and the Sugar (2 ⅔ Cups or 600 g) in a Food Processor (with chopping blades) (sometimes called 'robot coupe')
4. You will need a Food Processor (with chopping blades) (sometimes called 'robot coupe') with powerful blades
5. Grind for a few minutes
6. Here's your vanilla sugar
7. I advise you to strain the powder, to discard the big chunks of dried vanilla pods that sometimes cannot be ground by the food processor
8. You nay discard those large chunks
Store your Vanilla Sugar in an airtight container for a few months !