A refreshing and delicious tiramisu with strawberries
About this recipe
Serve this fabulous favorite featuring Strawberries with ladyfingers and delicious Tiramisu, the Italian version of cream cheese
Isn't this pretty ?
You will simply love this dessert!
Serve this dessert in individual glasses to make your guest feel so special !
And I find this more refreshing than the classic Tiramisu with coffee.
In general, my pastry-experience is that boys dig the classic coffee Tiramisu, while girls prefer this strawberry version
Source of the recipe
A recipe that I found in the book " Pâtisserie ! (French)" of Christophe Felder, a top French Pastry Chef
A book that is perfect if you want to go over most of the French Pastry art
To purchase the book online:
The recipe is on page 150
Modifications to the original recipe
● I make my own ladyfingers but you can substitute with ladyfingers you will easily find in your local market
1. Trim the Strawberries (12) and make sure they are all the same height
2. Slice the Strawberries (12) vertically
3. Place the Strawberries in your individual glasses
4. Make sure there's no gap between the Strawberries and the glass
The Strawberry Juice
5. Mix the Strawberries (5 ¼ Cups or 600 g), the Water (2 tablespoons), the Icing Sugar (1 tablespoon) and the Lemon (½)
Le biscuit cuiller
7. You may bake your own Ladydingers, or buy them at your favorite store
9. Dip the Ladydingers in the Strawberry Juice
La Crème Mascarpone
10. Make the Mascarpone Cream
13. Place a moist ladyfinger and a tablespoon of the Strawberry Juice
14. Repeat the same operation: Pour some Mascarpone Cream, then place a moist ladyfinger and another tablespoon of the Strawberry Juice
15. Finally, fill to the top with Mascarpone Cream
16. Smoothen the top with an offset Icing Spatula
17. Place the glasses in the refrigerator
The red sugar crust
18. Pour some white sugar into a bowl
19. Add a drop of red food coloring (liquid)
20. And right away, whisk into a frenzy to avoid lumps
21. Sprinkle this colored sugar using a small sieve
22. Place the glasses in the refrigerator
That's it... I also place a ladyfinger on top of the glass...
The hardest part is now to wait that they cool down in the fridge for about 2 hours...