A neutral glaze used to glaze fruit and make desserts shiny and beautiful !
About this recipe
Neutral Glazing is used to coat fruit served on desserts in order to preserve them, or to make a dessert shiny
1. Bloom the Gelatin (16 Gelatin Sheets) in cold water (with ice cubes)
2. Cook to a boil : Squeeze the juice of the Lemon (1), add into a saucepan, add in the Water (4 ½ Cups or 1 Liter), the Sugar (2 ⅔ Cups or 600 g) et the Glucose syrup (½ Cup or 200 g)
3. Cook to a boil for 5 minutes
4. Transfer the liquid into a clean bowl and let cool down at room temperature for 1 minute
5. Add in the bloomed (softened) sheets of Gelatin (16 Gelatin Sheets)
6. Let cool down at room temperature
7. The glazing is still liquid
8. Place in the fridge, in an airtight container
How to use
9. To use it, warm the glaze at 80 °F / 25 °C, and not warmer than that
10. Mix with an immersion blender (sometimes called 'hand blender')
11. Use on your dessert
Simple to do, and much better than the industrial glazes !