Bring home a taste of India with this delicious and creamy delicious Indian recipe
About this recipe
A delicious dish that I made many time... everybody loves it !
Source of the recipe
Today, Jamie was cooking an Indian chicken dish that looked so fabulous, I had to try it !
My dog and I are big fans of the TV shows of Jamie Oliver.
● Preparing the marinade
● The chicken marinates in the fridge
● Cooking the sauce and the chicken
Day 1: Marinade
1. Cut lengthwise the Chile (1) and remove the seeds
2. Place the Chile, the Garlic Cloves (4) and the Ginger Root (3 Tablespoons or 20 g) in a food processor and mince
3. Mix with the Yogurt (4 Tablespoons or 60 g) and the Chickpea Four (Gram flour) (2 teaspoons or 10 g). You may substitute Chickpea Four (Gram flour) with flour
4. Then, add in and mix : the Paprika (1 teaspoon or 3 g), the Chile Powder (½ teaspoon or 1 g), the Garam Masala (½ teaspoon or 1 g), the Coriander Powder (1 teaspoon or 3 g), the (powdered) Cinnamon (1 pinch), the Saffron (1 pinch) and the Salt (1 pinch)
Overnight: Marinating the chicken
5. Cut the Chicken (1 lbs or 450 g) into chunks, and stir with the marinade sauce
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
Day 2: The Sauce
7. Heat the Green Cardamom (5), the Cinnamon Stick (1) and the Cloves (4) with a splash of oil over medium heat
8. Dice the Onion (1) and add, cook for about 2 minutes...
9. Cut the Chiles (2) and remove the seeds
10. Add in the skillet Chiles and the Ginger Root (2 Tablespoons or 15 g) and cook for 2 minutes
11. Add in and cook for 2 minutes the Chile Powder (2 teaspoons or 7 g), the Garam Masala (½ teaspoon or 1 g), the Tomato Purée (3 tablespoons) and the Coriander Powder (2 teaspoons or 8 g)
12. Add in and cook for 2 minutes: the Whipping Cream (⅔ Cup or 150 g), the Honey (2 Tablespoons or 32 g), the Fenugreek Powder (½ teaspoon or 2 g) and the Lemon Juice (2 Tablespoons or 25 g)
Day 2: Cooking the chicken
14. Place the skewers on a plate that is heat resistant
15. Cook the skewer in a barbecue or in the oven (broiler)
16. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove the chicken from the skewers and stir in the sauce