Bring home a taste of India with this delicious and creamy delicious Indian recipe
About this recipe
A delicious dish that I made many time... everybody loves it !
Source of the recipe
Today, Jamie was cooking an Indian chicken dish that looked so fabulous, I had to try it !
My dog and I are big fans of the TV shows of Jamie Oliver.
● Preparing the marinade
● The chicken marinates in the fridge
● Cooking the sauce and the chicken
Day 1: Marinade
1. Cut lengthwise the Chile (1) and remove the seeds
2. Place the Chile, the Garlic Cloves (4) and the Ginger Root (3 Tablespoons or 20 g) in a food processor and mince
3. Mix with the Yogurt (4 Tablespoons or 60 g) and the Chickpea Four (Gram flour) (2 teaspoons or 10 g). You may substitute Chickpea Four (Gram flour) with flour
4. Then, add in and mix : the Paprika (1 teaspoon or 3 g), the Chile Powder (½ teaspoon or 1 g), the Garam Masala (½ teaspoon or 1 g), the Coriander Powder (1 teaspoon or 3 g), the (powdered) Cinnamon (1 pinch), the Saffron (1 pinch) and the Salt (1 pinch)
Large Mixing Bowls, Stainless Steel KitchenAid Silicone Spatula Set
Overnight: Marinating the chicken
5. Cut the Chicken (1 lbs or 450 g) into chunks, and stir with the marinade sauce
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
Day 2: The Sauce
7. Heat the Green Cardamom (5), the Cinnamon Stick (1) and the Cloves (4) with a splash of oil over medium heat
8. Dice the Onion (1) and add, cook for about 2 minutes...
9. Cut the Chiles (2) and remove the seeds
Cast Iron Shallow Casserole Le CreusetSaute Pan Scanpan
10. Add in the skillet Chiles and the Ginger Root (2 Tablespoons or 15 g) and cook for 2 minutes
11. Add in and cook for 2 minutes the Chile Powder (2 teaspoons or 7 g), the Garam Masala (½ teaspoon or 1 g), the Tomato Purée (3 tablespoons) and the Coriander Powder (2 teaspoons or 8 g)
12. Add in and cook for 2 minutes: the Whipping Cream (⅔ Cup or 150 g), the Honey (2 Tablespoons or 32 g), the Fenugreek Powder (½ teaspoon or 2 g) and the Lemon Juice (2 Tablespoons or 25 g)
Day 2: Cooking the chicken
13. Take the Chicken out of the fridge and skewer pieces of chicken. To purchase online, see HERE
14. Place the skewers on a plate that is heat resistant
15. Cook the skewer in a barbecue or in the oven (broiler)
BBQ SkewersPyrex Dish (10” x 15”)
16. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove the chicken from the skewers and stir in the sauce
Too much lemon and honey
spot on!! fantastic recipe and amazing flavours, I only used 1/2 a lemon and a little less honey, but fantastic!!!
I agree this dish is delicious !
I thought butter chicken was mild ? This recipe is super spicy, I will struggle to eat it
Really depends on the spices you purchased. Some are milder than others. Never had a complaint that the recipe is too spicy. You may want to reduce the amount of spices
i loved your recipe however found the measurements not in sync with Jamie Oliver and Maunika Butter Chicken You TUBE recipe so I was confused watching the video and following along with your recipe. I coped and just modified. Example: Maunika says use 1 tsp cumin in the yogurt marinade but none in recipe. All in all still delish!