A delicious spread from the great French pastry chef Christophe Adam
About this recipe
Nutella has always been one of my favorites for an afternoon snack, but after looking at the nutrition facts I decided to make my own...
I show you here a delicious hazelnut spread recipe !
Source of the recipe
This recipe was realized by Christophe Adam himself in a TV show, on a French broadcast channel (channel 'La 5')
Modifications to the original recipe
I modified only a few things...
● I divided the quantities by 3
The Hazelnut Praliné
1. Start by making a caramel with the Sugar (⅔ Cup or 160 g)
2. until it becomes amber
3. Add in the Hazelnuts (1 ½ Cup or 240 g) into the caramel and cook briefly
4. Transfer onto a silicon mat
5. Once the caramel has cooled down and solidified, grind it in a powerful blender
Rest of ingredients
6. Then add into the Food Processor (with chopping blades) (sometimes called 'robot coupe'): the Powdered Milk (⅓ Cup or 40 g), the Butter (2 Tablespoons or 27 g), the Dark Chocolate ( 1 oz or 40 g), the Salt (½ teaspoon or 3 g), the Gianduja (1 Cup or 300 g), (see the recipe HERE), the Cocoa Powder (3 Tablespoons or 20 g)
7. Grind finely for about 5 minutes
8. I have to add 3 oz or 80 g of melted Dark Chocolate to reach to right consistency, but the quantity will depend on the consistency you want to reach.
9. Be aware that the mix will always look liquid after grinding it and will harden in the fridge
I keep the paste in the fridge, and then let it warm up 15 minutes minimum at room temperature before using it
after 15 minutes it's ready to be spread on a french baguette (or a Crêpe) !